[mythtv-users] Recomended distro???

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:57:12 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> How is SVN handled on gentoo? I'm guessing that all applications are
> compiled from source is that a correct assumption?

The ebuild for a specific application specifies where it is downlaoded
from and what system to use - CVS or SVN.

Not all apps are required to be built. You can emerge firefox or
firefox-bin, as well as openoffice or openoffice-bin. Lots of stuff is
available this way - Java, lots of games, etc.

With Gentoo you get a choice. What is on your system is up to to.

Hope tis helps,
Mark