[mythtv-users] New house - any advise?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 16:09:30 UTC 2007

matthew.garman at gmail.com wrote:
> Hopefully, someday I'll build my house from scratch.  When I do, I'm
> going to run a ton of Cat 6 (or whatever the latest generation of
> network cable is).  But, I'm going to put it all in *conduit*.  The
> intent is to make it easy if I ever need to pull more wire.

When I remodeled, I ran more cat5/coax than I thought I'd need. But, I
also installed 2 PVC conduits between the attic and crawl space. Just in
case I needed to run anything else from the server upstairs. Today, one
PVC conduit is full. I'm glad I placed those two conduits in so that I
could run more wires easily. It'd been a pain if I didn't.

brad