[mythtv-users] Getting hooked up to xmltv

Yann Lehmann aristide at tiscali.ch
Tue Jan 16 08:42:33 UTC 2007

Dave M G wrote:

> Following your suggestion to fill the database manually, I was able to
> make more sense of these instructions:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mythfilldatabase
>
> And I succeeded in filling the database.

Then, this should be possible from Mythtv, as far as you can specify your
grabber in the setup. If not, you can create a symlink with the name of a
working grabber (one in the list) to the one you use (tv_grab_jp).

> Do you do this manually every time? Is there no way to automate this
> process?

Yes, I do once a week. Because up till now, I have been too lazy :-) to
automate this tasks with cronjobs (grabbing program infos from 3 different
sources, and adding these to MythTV).

Once it's done, I program the shows I want to record for the next week.

I must say, that now that my system is working, I have less time to
configure it, since I have plenty of good tv-shows to watch...

Yann