[mythtv-users] Getting control of my remote

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Tue Jan 16 05:12:03 UTC 2007

Thank you for responding.
> try
> ln -s ~/lircrc ~/.mythtv/lircrc
That seems to have had some improvement, I think. Now, when I press the
"play" button, the video fast forwards a little. That's not the hoped
for effect, but it's at least some response.

I thought that maybe the problem was with Mplayer, so I tried
configuring MythTV to use Xine instead. Unfortunately that doesn't seem
to do it.

These are the commands for the video player that I'm using in the MythTV

xine -pfhq --no-splash

mplayer -fs -zoom -quiet -vo xv %s

These are the commands I've got in my lircrc file, for "pause", for
mythtv, Mplayer, and Xine:

# Pause TV while watching TV (This works when watching live TV)
prog = mythtv
button = Pause
repeat = 3
config = P

# Pause video in Mplayer (This doesn't work at all)
prog = mplayer
button = PAUSE
repeat = 3
config = pause

# Pause video in Xine (This doesn't work at all)
prog = xine
button = PAUSE
repeat = 3
config = Pause