[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-out + TV-sound

Kirk Patton kirk_patton at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 03:30:24 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I got my sound issue resolved by dropping and recreating my
mythconverg database.  Kinda of drastic, but no other settings
helped.  I did have checked the "use pvr-350 TV/Out".

Now that one issue is solved, I have run into another...
If I have things configured to use the PVR-350 for video
and sound, other things like "MythVideo" do not have sound.
If I disable the use of the PVR-350 for output, sound plays.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kirk

>Message: 30
>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:28:23 -0500
>From: "ryan patterson" <ryan.goat at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-out + TV-sound
>To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
>Did you check the setting "Use the pvr-350's tv out / MPEG decoder"
>under
>utilities setup::setup::tv settings::playback?  It sounds like you have
>the
>pvr-350 configured for the X server output but not for hardware
>playback.
>
>If you have the pvr-350 setup correctly then you will get sound from
>mpeg
>video playback only from the pvr-350 and you will get all other sound
>(mp3's, mythvieo playback, transcoded playback, etc) from your
>soundcard.
>
>On 1/13/07, Kirk Patton <kirk_patton at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am running MythTV .20-0.2ubuntu2 on Ubuntu Edgy with ivtv 7.0
drivers.
> I am using the frame buffer to display X on the TV.  Everything works
> except that I am not able to get sound to go through the TV speakers.
Sound
> only goes through the sound card on the PC.
>
> I have checked use PVR-350 for sound.  I am able to get picture and
sound
> if I bypass MythTV and simply "cat /dev/video48 > /dev/video16".
Might