[mythtv-users] Perfect DVD rips failing

Peter pete at putzin.net
Tue Jan 16 03:18:21 UTC 2007

Theng Kiat Ng wrote:

>     Thought that, but the system plays DVDs now, and libdvdcss is
>     installed,
>     so I don't think that's the issue. For some reason, the system is
>     treating iso's differently than it has in the past. Not sure what
>     to do
>     about that.
>

> I had a similiar situation before. i.e. Ripped ISOs refused to play.
> It happened because I deleted the .dvdcss (or something similiar)
> subdir from my home directoy.
>
> I think I fixed it by playing the original DVD again, then the ripped
> ISO also worked.

Crud, good idea, but still no. I ripped another movie new just to see
what happens, and I get the same behavior. It seems that mplayer run
standalone doesn't see this as a DVD and doesn't decode it. When I play
it back in myth, it correctly extracts the keys, but then I get a ton of
NVP Prebuffering pause messages and nothing ever plays. Actually, same
thing happens with a DVD when played back in myth. Not sure what's going
on here, but it's making me nuts.