[mythtv-users] [OT] Samsung HDTV Question

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Mon Jan 15 22:26:02 UTC 2007

Quite specifically, with my samsung, the following applies:
-NO edid information
-ONLY accepts "true HD" signals (1280x720, 1920x1080i, YYYx576,
ZZZx480) despite it being a 1366x768 panel.  Any other signals display
a blank screen.
-has an uncontrollable amount of overscan (the same as if you plugged
in an HDMI dvd player/set top box/etc I'd expect)
-isn't adjustable the way the VGA signal is

My personal experience is that, counter to what you'd expect, you get
much better quality from the VGA input due to being able to get a
pixel-perfect image from the PC.