[mythtv-users] Duplicate screens

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jan 15 20:51:55 UTC 2007

Stroller wrote:

>> The question is, how hard to incorporate into myth?
>
> Ummm, is Myth's code already based upon VLC? If not it's likely to be
> easier just to add multicast into Myth. If Myth already uses UDP (??)
> then that really shouldn't be too hard for a decent programmer (although
> I'm afraid I don't meet that description myself). For me a more opaque
> problem is how to tell the two front ends to play the same thing.
>
> Stroller.

You want a new switch tied to a Live TV or Playback startup, which would
start a User Job... which would send a telnet command to the slave FE,
to start playing the same program...That likely would not synch exactly,
but as you note, a second off is probably fine...

Heck, we already watch LiveTV with a 4-5 second delay from 'real' time!

Geoff