[mythtv-users] OT: Need a new HDTV

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Jan 15 17:25:35 UTC 2007

On 15 Jan 2007, at 13:01, Mark wrote:
> My budget definitely steers me to LCD.  I don't have room for a large
> one, and I don't want plasma
> due to burn in issues.  My family tends to leave the tv on when not
> around, in spite of my ranting about
> turning it off when not being used, they still do it.  So I have a
> main
> myth screen on the tube constantly.

It should be possible to have Myth switch the TV off if it's not
actually playing anything and the keyboard hasn't been pressed for 5
minutes. Whether this involves simply turning the screen blank or
actually turning it to standby mode may depend on the telly - I
_think_ some models have an RS232 input which can be used for
changing channels &c.

Stroller.