[mythtv-users] How to save custom record rule?

stan stanb at panix.com
Sun Jan 14 16:31:42 UTC 2007

OK, it must be my day to not understand teh Myth interface.

I'm upgrading a backend, and I've imported my old settings. I was checking
suctom record rules, which appear to be OK. I decided to add a few, but I
can't seem to get them saved. I've created one, and there are 4 "buttons"
at the bottom of the page, labeled "TEST" "RECORD" "STORE" and "CANCEL". I
pressed store, but my new rule does not show up, when I come back in the
rules editor. If I press record, I get sent to a screen that seems to apply
to only one "set" of shows.

I thought that I could just create rules that said things like "Every time
this actor shows up in the listings, record that show".

Ism't this how this works?

(Dennis Ritchie)