[mythtv-users] NVIDIA 5200 SVideo output is black and white

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jan 14 15:26:46 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> The subject says it all.  All I get is black and white on my TV monitor.
>
> It could be a bad cable - I am using an SVideo to RCA - composite cable
> - or it could be a software glitch.  Alas, I don't have another TV I can
> haul in here...
>
> The output on the VGA port is fine.
>
> Any suggestions?

In your xorg.conf, set the TV output format to COMPOSITE.  Even though
you are outputting on an S-Video port, your ultimate destination is
composite and you need to tell Nvidia that to pass the right color
information.  Originally, I assumed that config option was to say which
*port* to output but it actually controls the format of the signal on
the s-video port.

Kevin