[mythtv-users] Duplicate screens

Graham Smith gqsmith at tpg.com.au
Sun Jan 14 06:22:21 UTC 2007

On Sunday 14 January 2007 11:06, Matthew Asplund wrote:
> I have a mythtv setup running in my kitchen, and my wife loves it.  I may
> have approval to build a second setup in the family room with a 42" LCD
> screen, but there is one feature that would be really cool.  How hard would
> it be to tei two front end systems together so that they both play the same
> thing.  It would be great if I could make one front end a slave to another
> front end so that I can play the same live tv/recorded tv/dvd/video files
> on both systems, so that I can do the dishes or make a snack in the kitchen
> and not miss the fun.  I suppose that I could use VNC, but that seens
> pretty crude.
>
> Matthew Asplund

Just a thought, how about using a video extender.

I don't know how well it would work but say you use a DVI output to the one
screen and the vga output to the other screen using a video extender.

Has any one tried this idea? It would save on the cost of configuring another
myth box.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=video+extender&btnG=Google+Search&meta=lr%3Dlang_en

--
Regards,