[mythtv-users] nuvexport wrapper for playing recordings in standalone divx players and within mythtv

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 05:57:53 UTC 2007

I just wrote a nuvexport wrapper script which some people might find interesting. It essentially undoes the good deeds of NUV format (I swear I mean it in the positive sense: if my divx player could play nuv, I would stick with it), but makes it possible to have the same recordings played within mythtv and on a standalone divx player in a compatible fashion.

Another thing it does is to use my dual core cpu to the full while transcoding, which is typically a night job and can & should use all the available cpu. I can now on average transcode 7 one hour shows during saturday night compared to 4 earlier, which typically means that my machine stays up at night once a week compared to twice earlier. Please follow the link to howto on gentoo forums at:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-531782.html

I would be interested in any comments/corrections.

have fun,
-devsk

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.