[mythtv-users] What to do for better TV-out

Bart Coninckx bart.coninckx at telenet.be
Sat Jan 13 11:31:22 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've been building a MythTV 0.20 box for a good friend of mine, who recently
purchased a huge Pioneer plasma TV.

Since the plasma TV has a VGA input, I decided to use that for sending the
signal to the TV. Good idea it seems, because the MythTV menus show
splendidly.

After a lot of browsing and reading, I decided to use a PVR-350 card for TV
reception. Unfortunately, when we watch TV, the picture provided by the
Mythbox is about half the quality of the normal TV picture on the plasma TV.

Obviously this is a big turn-off for my mate as far as using MythTV is
concerned.

Now I would like to check with you guys if there's any way to improve the
picture quality drastically. One thing I was thinking of, is using the
PVR-350's S-video out. Is there any way I could get close to the normal
picture quality of the plasma TV? I'm even prepared to buy another card ...

Thx a mille!

Bart