[mythtv-users] tool for reporting on MPGs

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 21:37:45 UTC 2007

On 12/01/07, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> Before I try to make one, is there a tool that will take a Myth-generated MPG
> filename in the nnnn_yyyymmddhhmm.mpg format and show the data that Myth has
> stored about the file? There are times I see a real-big or real-small MPG,
> for example, and wonder - what the heck is that? I admin my Myth box over SSH
> so a command-line tool is what I'd use, or something in MythWeb.

You should probably look at mythrename.pl from the /mythtv/contrib
directory - it will convert the standard filenames for recordings into
more human-friendly formats, with a good raft of renaming options
including title, subtitle, description and date.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/