[mythtv-users] mythtv on the ps3

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Jan 12 21:18:41 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:

>> They're already lost...
>>
>> http://slashdot.org/articles/07/01/11/213258.shtml
>>

> Not surprising. But I still think you will see multi-format drives.
>
> You'd think Sony would learn, nobody but them uses their "memory
> sticks", everyone else uses CF, SD or XD cards.
>
> But what do you expect from an outfit that "saw no problem" with
> installing rootkits on customer's machines? I think that pretty much
> says it all.

It's really a shame; when I lived in Japan, Sony was the mass-consumer
high-end producer.  Pretty much anything Sony was of at least above
average quality and you could be assured that if it had the Sony name on
it it would be very good if not excellent.  They pushed high quality
down in price to where most could afford it.

Now they seem to have GM-itis - upper management so arrogant and so
isolated from reality that they can't really understand the consequences
of their actions....