[mythtv-users] [OFF TOPIC] "Parental Blocks" for commercials

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 18:17:38 UTC 2007

I realize we can skip commercials with Myth, which I do, however, I
had a thought the other day.

I'd REALLY REALLY like to see a required parental rating on
Commercials. When we do watch live events (football etc) it's a real
pain to have movie promos that would give adults nightmares, showing
up on breaks during the game. Just like TV's now come with parental
blocks for programs, I wish commercials had to abide by the same
guideines. Give me 60 seconds of gray screen with no audio, till it's
over.

Before someone gets on the "be a responsible parent" bandwagon, I'm
the person sitting there covering my kids eyes, and muting the TV so
they don't hear about "serial killers with 300 victims" in the middle
of a NFL playoff game.

How would one go about pushing an issue like this? Is it even viable?