[mythtv-users] Daddy, what's a commercial

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 18:16:15 UTC 2007

On 1/11/07, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com> wrote:
> My girls ( 1 x 6 year old and 3 x 4 year olds) have no idea that shows
> come one at certain times of day, or that there are these things called
> "channels" on TV....

Couple of funny stories to add..

1. We're on vacation, and we walk into our hotel, on the first day,
and my daughter (3-y/o) says "Daddy, I want to watch Sesame Street
please". My wife and I both chucked, then tried to explain how, on
other people's TV's, things only come on at a certain time, and we'd
have to wait until tommorrow, at 10am, to watch Sesame street.

2. I've gone through some stabiltiy/tuning issues in the past with our
primary frontend, so my daughter is familar with the concept of
"fixing the frontend." "Daddy! The frontend crashed again! please
fixme"

3. When we buy her a new DVD (Veggietales, etc) she asks me to "rip it
Daddy, so I can watch it"

4. We're in the store, and she sees the display for the "Cars" DVD.
She matter-of-factly tells the sales person, "We have that on Myth at
home"

quite a few more stories, but I've had the same experiences.