[mythtv-users] Getting SA3250HD firewire to work with mythtv....

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 16:03:18 UTC 2007

Change to a channel that you know works and doesn't have any 5c
encryption using the 3250 change channel script.  Next you will need
to painstakingly figure out which channels are good and which ones
your cable provider encrypts.  I can forward you a hack of a Perl
script that I wrote; it goes through all the channels and prints a
list of good/bad channel id's.
The caveat is when you hit an encrypted channel it hoses your firewire
connection and you have to reset it or sometimes even reboot; there's
plenty of threads talking about it on this list. Due to the constant
resets my script takes 10+ hours to run...  Firewire can be pain but
I've had mine working perfectly now for about 3 months; I hope it
continues to go smooth :)

-Nik-