[mythtv-users] Daddy, what's a commercial

Mark A. Hoover mahoover at ispaceonline.org
Fri Jan 12 14:32:22 UTC 2007

> From: David Brodbeck <gull at gull.us>
>
> I was initially using Blank Frame Detection.  It was very fast, but I
> found the accuracy unacceptably bad.  Part of this is because I do watch
> a lot of shows with fade-to-black transitions.  ("Intervention" on A&E
> is a good example of a show where Blank Frame Detection fails miserably.)

Sci-Fi is even worse about this.  I had to resort to manually marking the
commercials and even that doesn't completely help.  I've noticed that
Sci-Fi at times will have no blank frames between the commercials and the
show.  Even worse is that they'll bleed the sound from the commercial into
the TV show or vice versa.

I haven't tried "All Methods" yet, guess I'll have to go back and look
into it.