[mythtv-users] A&E Sopranos Pilot recorded twice last night

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Thu Jan 11 23:46:59 UTC 2007

It's probably because of the episode numbers.  (It certainly is not
because of "Stereo", though you're right about that difference in the
listings.) I see that all the eposides are "EP290992xxxx" except for the
pilots.  (This is true on A&E and HBOx.)  The exception is that most of
the pilot showings are for "EP8942300001".  The 1am showing, though, was
"EP29099200080" which is just weird.  That looks a lot like episode 80
(or 79)!

Delete one of the pilots.  I suspect this is a one-time annoyance that
applies only to the pilot.

As an aside, it's probably a minor (or trivial)
bug/documentation-issue/whatever that episode numbers are used in this
(reasonable) way to track duplicates, but that the menus imply that only
subtitle and description matter.

Len