[mythtv-users] Simplified UI

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Thu Jan 11 17:30:08 UTC 2007

I have at least started down this path by beginning to create a
simplified UI for the Family and a Full-Featured UI for me or
whomever needs to set recording schedules etc.

The menuing is xml and fairly straight forward. I change the main
page to contain two user links which point to two sub-menus: one
simplified, one full

It req'd a bit of fiddling, but it is easy enough to get a diagram of
the menu system by reading the xml.

It would be awesome to take this to the next level and have granular
access on the system side as has been suggested.

But for a start simplifying the interface goes a long way toward
family adoption of the system. Also, I think I read that one can hide
recording groups and video categories to non-authorized users, but I
have not yet investigated this.

-m