[mythtv-users] disable live-tv and audo problems

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 01:02:01 UTC 2007

On 11/01/07, Sir Benjamin <sir_benji at hotmail.com> wrote:
> OK, but I don't want it to record live TV even when I'm watching it (unless
> I explictly tell it to).  Can I turn off that automatic recording?

No, but you could instead use another TV viewer for LiveTV, and add a
menu item for this to the main MythTV menu. LiveTV recordings made by
MythTV are usually automatically expired (deleted) after a specified
period, and scheduled recordings typically have higher priority than
LiveTV, so you should not have a problem with your disk filling up as
lower priority recordings will be expired to make room for new
recordings.

Your A/V sync problems are not due to this, and are more likely due to
audio mixer issues, which are also the cause of your TV audio
continuing after exiting LiveTV. Is your TV card's audio output routed
through your sound card's line-in?

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki: