[mythtv-users] Fuzzy resolution using LCD monitor to display ordinary NTSC

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 00:54:50 UTC 2007

On 11/01/07, Stroller <linux.luser at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2007, at 20:17, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> >> ///
> >> Equipment:
> >> pvr-150 (via component, S-video is a mess)
> >> fx5200
> >> AMD64 3200+
> >
> > I have the same system. your s-video should give a slightly better
> > picture than your component.
> Are you sure about this? Or is this a peculiarity of this card?
> I had always thought component was better than S-Video, and these
> pages appear to concur:
>    <http://lyberty.com/encyc/articles/svideo.html>
>    <http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/VideoConnectors/
> VideoConnectors.asp>

Confusion between composite video, which the card supports, and
component video, which it doesn't, methinks. S-Video (separate
luminance and chrominance) will typically give a better quality
picture than composite video, but will be inferior to component video.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: