[mythtv-users] Video player - remote control does not control all types

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Jan 10 19:13:13 UTC 2007

David Fishburn wrote:
> Myth 0.20
> Ubuntu Edgy
> Ivtv 0.81
> Kernel 2.6.18
>
> I have copied many different files into my videos directory.
> If I play .mpg files my remote functions as usual.  I can fast forward,
> rewind and change the volume.
>
> If I play .nuv or .avi files, the remote is completely unresponsive.  I have
> to use the keyboard to exit.
>
> I use the MCE Hauppauge remote control.
>
> I am assuming I am simply missing entries in my .lircrc.  If someone has
> these entries that work, could you supply them.  I am guessing the prog = is
> wrong for my entries and it is most likely using a different player.

It's probably using mplayer to play nuv and avi files (although I think
the internal player can cope with avi, you just have to set it up to do
so.)  It should tell you what it is going to use to play the file on the
play videos screen.

I've got the following in my lirc conf file for mplayer.  Can't remember
where I found it - somewhere on the internet!  It gives me volume
control and seeking and allows me to exit.  I'm using the Hauppauge
control with the black underside and grey top - came with my HVR3000.

Robert.

### MPlayer lirc setup

# Show OSD
begin