[mythtv-users] Fwd: Separate CI slot?

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Wed Jan 10 08:53:33 UTC 2007

> Does your DVB card support a CI interface firstly ? I have a TT-1300
> budget card which does (see dvbshop.net for other cards that support CI
> interfaces).

My DVB card doesn't, no, but isn't the CI part quite separate from
the DVB decoding ? In other words can't you have a "standalone" CI?
The CI slot is effectively a PCMCIA slot, isn't it?

> Alternatively you need an external phoenix smartcards read/writer that
> you can use with a original vendor card along with a softcam. Both these
> issues are highly controversial however.

I do have an old phoenix somewhere from an anclient project, but
I was planning on using my Conax CAM here together with my Mythbox.

Thanks
Dag