[mythtv-users] No sound when watching TV

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 10 04:38:29 UTC 2007

Anders Pedersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hope anybody have a good ide.
>
> I've installed the mythtv rpms and the mysql rpms. Initiatet the
> database but have no sound when watching tv in mythtv. The picture is
> OK. The TVcard is connected to the soundcard with a cabel.

I don't know if this will apply at all, but... When I first get into
MythTV, I will not have sound. So I go into MythMusic and play a song. I
get sound. Then I go back to "Watch TV" and then I have sound. Since
this works for me I have never tried to figure out exactly what was
going on. I suspect is has to do with permissions on the sound device.

HTH,

Andrew Robinson