[mythtv-users] Gentoo, qt4 and mythtv

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Jan 9 22:43:03 UTC 2007

>> like

>> dependency
>> also
>> only
>> >>

>> > Thanks for the info, I should have looked to see what USE flags were
>> > appropriate for the Myth ebuild before answering.  Not being snide,
>> > but people seem to have a lot of trouble with qt4 on their myth
>> > systems, so the portage system is obviously not working 100% correctly
>> > for everyone.  Is there some reason that you're aware of that could
>> > explain their problems?
>>
>> I can only assume they're either using one of the old 0.19 ebuilds(AFAIK
>> there was some problems when qt4 was marked stable) or trying to compile
>> MythTV by hand.
>
>>From what I can see it's sys-apps/dbus that has qt4 set, but you can use
> -qt4 to stop it pulling that down.
>
> Apart from that, mythtv doesn't use it in it's ebuild.
>
> Alan.

Many thanks for all the feedback - as the originator of this thread, the
solution was to ensure that the PATH was defined with qt3 first so that
the correct qmake was found. Looks like its dbus that has pulled in qt4
(trying to get the Skype API to do something useful!!), just trying get
rid of it now :-)

Having built SVN mythtv manually every couple of weeks for the last year
or so, perhaps now would be a good time to find a generic ebuild that
updates an "in progress" svn local copy and then compiles it (or can an
ebuild only download from scratch?).

So if anyone has such an ebuild lurking, I'd be very interested in a looksee.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks