[mythtv-users] frontend connecting from outside my home network

mythmail at gmail.com mythmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 21:54:35 UTC 2007

Hello,
    I have a mythtv system running on my home network that's behind a
router/firewall.  I was wondering if there was a way that I could have
my lab desktop (not on my home network, but with a plenty fast
connection to it) running the frontend connect to my home system.  I
tried just forwarding the ports for the backend and MySQL through the
router.  I can access the MySQL database just fine, but I can't access
any video.  I think this is because the backend at home has it's IP
set as 192.168.1.3 and the lab computer doesn't know to try my
router's IP address instead.  Does anybody have any ideas how I could
get this to work?  Some fancy iptables setup maybe?
   Thanks, this has the potential to make some of those late nights go
by much smoother,