[mythtv-users] Apple iTV - MythTV Frontend?

shadestalker at gmail.com shadestalker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 20:14:42 UTC 2007

On 1/9/07, Peter A. Daly <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking this may be the cheapest way to get a nice quality silent HD
> frontend.

Specs from the Apple store:

Video

    * • Video formats supported: H.264 and protected H.264 (from
iTunes Store): 640 by 480, 30 fps, LC version of Baseline Profile; 320
by 240, 30 fps, Baseline profile up to Level 1.3; 1280 by 720, 24 fps,
Progressive Main Profile. MPEG-4: 640 by 480, 30 fps, Simple Profile

It looks like an extremely nice, friendly iTunes appliance.  Without
knowing what kind of hardware is doing the video output, there's no
way to know if it's usable as a frontend, or if we could even run X on
it period.  Hacking it to run linux might just turn out to be a waste
of $299.