[mythtv-users] Where to start?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Tue Jan 9 16:46:55 UTC 2007

On 9 Jan 2007, at 12:44, Brian Wood wrote:
>> I think 720x576 is that standard for PAL
>
> I think I saw something on this list about the BBC experimenting with
> MPEG-4 variants. That would take more CPU to decode and you can't get
> any help from XvMC, which only helps with MPEG-2.

I think that is with only one of the BBC channels, and it's only
available by satellite. IE: it's very much at the experimental stage
and even if it's certain that this is the transmission method the BBC
plan to use for all their channels in the future then it's surely
several years away from being important to the majority of people.

Stroller.