[mythtv-users] 3Ware RAID 5 backend

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Tue Jan 9 11:36:55 UTC 2007

On Mon Jan 08, 2007 at 09:04:23PM -0800, Ben Dash wrote:

> Sweet, well forget PATA then, I'm going with SATA and
> a 9500, since they're a little cheaper than the 9550
> and may be more mature.  I just checked the manual and
> it confirms 32bit PCI capability.

The 9500 is only SATA-I not SATA-II, though I'm not sure there'll be
any noticeable difference if you're using a 32bit slot.  They're
claiming a 200% performance increase with the 9550 over the 9500 though,
so it might be a better option for the future (there seem to be more
desktop boards with PCI-X slots nowadays - it seems to be a pretty cheap
option to add a PCI-X bridge when they've already got PCI express
onboard).

Cheers,
        Robin
--