[mythtv-users] Choose your own cablebox?

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 8 23:45:18 UTC 2007

>Sorry I didn't post earlier didn't take the time to see if it was online.
>"Moxi is offered by eight cable companies. But Digeo hopes to expand, since
>the Federal Communications Commission passed a law that goes into effect on
>July 1 allowing consumers to choose their cable box."
>You can see the entire article here:

Not sure it's true, but it sure would be nice.  I played with a Motorola
6412 (the only thing Comcast offers here) and was amazed by how craptastic
it was.  The GUI was horrible and the fan was so loud it sounded like a jet
was taking off in my living room (even when turned off).  That plus it
lacked about a million features and only offered something like 20hrs of HD
recording.  What a sorry piece of hardware.  I'd love to have some other
option for recording the channels I can't with my mythbox.

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview