[mythtv-users] Install Nuvexport

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Mon Jan 8 20:51:41 UTC 2007

> >I ran through the prompts of nuvexport using all the defaults and
> >choosing XviD. It used ffmpeg to create my AVI file.
> >
> >Next I tried to play it under Windows using:
> >A) Winamp
> >B) Nero ShowTime
> >
> >Only audio was heard, no video.
>
> That sounds like the xvid codec isnt installed in windows.
> Have you tried installing the version from the following site?
> http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/
>
> There should be various xvid packages for differen linux
> distros aswell if you search in a package manager.
>
> Also, you might wanna try using transcode with nuvexport to
> make xvid stuff.

Windows:
I installed the codec and I still only hear audio, no video.

I also tried this on a different machine and used Windows Media Player 11.
It had the same result.

Ubuntu:
I still am not able to install the XviD plugin for mplayer on Ubuntu either.
All the instructions I have found on the web have not worked.

Thanks,
Dave