[mythtv-users] acpi wakeup mythbackend

Markus Amann mamann at web.de
Mon Jan 8 20:20:08 UTC 2007

Stroller schrieb:
> On 5 Jan 2007, at 18:18, Markus Amann wrote:
>
>> sorry for stress this topic but i have still no success with this
>> feature.
>> what i discovered is that , if i redirect the output to a file then i
>> get only this DATE format "YYYY-DD-01:HH:01:SS" whitch is not
>> complete  .
>> the WakeupTimeFormat is YYYY-DD-MM HH:MM:SS
>> my Question is why is the time not correct reported from the
>> mythbackend
>> to the $1 Variable ?
>>

> Sorry, I'm a little confused.
>
> Could you possibly give some more examples, please? It looks to me
> from your comments above like the $TIME variable is being set to the
> beginning of whichever hour in which the recording starts. IE: if a
> film is scheduled to start at 3:30pm, then the FE will be awoken at
> 3:01pm; this seems to me like it might be a design feature.
>
> However in addition to the 01 replacing the MM in your statement,
> there is also a difference of a colon (":"). Is this intentional, or
> the bug you're having difficulties?
>
> One thing that I might look at is locale differences - maybe your
> country's date format is different from what is expected. Is it
> possible that one of these programs is locale-aware & the other not?
> See "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" under `man date`??
>
> Stroller.

here is the script where should set the time into the acpi alarm.
[root at server ~]# cat /usr/bin/mythsettime
#!/bin/bash
echo TEST > /tmp/mythtest  # JUST to check that script is processed
echo $1 > /tmp/mythtime1   #  to see what will be echoed to /proc acpi
alarm ( thats the output  "YYYY-DD-01:HH:01:SS"  what is wrong )
echo $1 > /proc/acpi/alarm  #  write the Wakeup time to the alarm
[root at server ~]#

the Variables for the Backend.
SetWakeuptimeCommand:  /usr/bin/mythsettime '$time'
WakeupTimeFormat: YYYY-DD-MM:HH:MM:SS

for my understanding, the $time grabs the Time format "YYYY-DD-MM HH:MM-SS"
and the $1 grabs the formated Time and echo it to the alarm

[root at server ~]# clock
Mo 08 Jan 2007 21:07:27 CET  -0.404635 seconds
[root at server ~]# cat /proc/acpi/alarm
2007-01-00 01:01:01
[root at server ~]# hwclock
Mo 08 Jan 2007 21:08:04 CET  -0.590458 seconds
[root at server ~]# date
Mo 8. Jan 21:08:26 CET 2007
[root at server ~]#

Markus