[mythtv-users] XvMC on NVidia with Myth .20 (Anyonegetting goodHD off a P4 3

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Mon Jan 8 16:00:40 UTC 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 9:41 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> I've got basically the same setup as Jake  (but I'm running Debian)
> with basically the same numbers. Needless to say, I'm LOVING the 9xxx
> series drivers!

I'm having good luck now with XvMC and HDTV, but _horrible_
performance with SD. Now that's a reversal.

I've got a 6150 GPU and an Athlon 3000+. Output is via SVideo to a
standard CRT - no HDTV for me. I can get perfect playback /w/ Bob and
XvMC on an HDTV signal (PCHDTV 5500) but if I play back an SD
recording (Hauppauge PVR-500) I get prebuffering pauses like crazy.
Has anyone seen this, and better, does anyone have a solution?

Also, if anyone has a modeline/X resolution line for an NTSC CRT, can
you bounce it to me? I've tried the ones off the wiki and get nothing
but "defaulting to 800x600".

Drew Bernat
abernat at zathras.net