[mythtv-users] using an IR Blaster

R rawgarlic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 09:59:48 UTC 2007

I don't have an IR Blaster, yet.

I understand that I can hook up an IR Blaster to my MythTV.
So when it comes time record a show from the Satellite set
top box (STB), MythTV will send IR signals to the STB to
first turn on the STB and then change to the appropriate
channel.

I understand that I would need to initially configure the
IR Blaster with IR codes specific to my STB.

Assuming that:
A.  The mythbackend system and the STB are in room 1.
B.  I am in room 3 on a mythfrontend system.
C.  The current channels 1 to 125 exist on my PVR-350 from Comcast.
D.  The new channels 300 to 500 exist on my STB.

At the moment, I hit 56 on any (FE/BE) keyboard to change to channel 56.

Q1:  Could I map the STB channels 300 to 500 to the same numbers on my
MythTV lineup?
So that I can hit 327 on any (FE/BE) keyboard to change to channel 327
on the STB.
(While watching Live TV, without using any remote control - just the
regular keyboard.)

Q2:  Where would I do these channel mapping assignments?
Like MythTV300=>STB300, MythTV301=>STB301, etc.