[mythtv-users] nuvexport; option missing

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 8 05:42:32 UTC 2007

again answering my own question for documentation sake:

nuvexport has an '--infile' option which I didn't know about. It just uses the defaults (or those from ~/.nuvexportrc) and encodes a filepath into avi without human intervention. what kind of program doesn't print list of options with --help? nuvexport kind....:-) I always thought it was an interactive program. And wiki doesn't mention it either.

Now, the only thing left is the database update. I am thinking more like making the myth storage dir and nuvexport default dir the same. My filename formats are already same for both mythtv and nuvexport, thanks to myth-rename. So, its just a matter of changing .mpg to .avi in the 'basename' of 'recorded' table for that show in the database and deleting .mpg from the mythdir. After setting up ~/.nuvexportrc, I am thinking like:

#!/bin/bash
nuvexport --infile $1
filen=`basename $1`
nfilen=${filen/.mpg/.avi}
echo "update recorded where basename='$filen' set basename='$nfilen' ;" | mysql -umythtv -pmythtv -Dmythconverg

I am just geussing on the sql syntax here but it should be close enough (if someone can correct it, please do). Would this work?

-devsk