[mythtv-users] Firewire gone - everything 5C encrypted

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 04:08:58 UTC 2007

On Jan 7, 2007, at 7:51 PM, John P Poet wrote:
> I know that some Directv receivers have a serial port which can be
> used for channel changes.  Does this include any of the newer mpeg4
> receivers?
>
> How reliable is channel changing on either Directv or Dish when using
> an IR blaster?

I use a D11 DirecTV  box (just got it last month, so that's their
current SDTV box) with a null modem plugged into my serial port with
a usb->serial converter plugged into the box. The directv.pl (gotta
get the one modified for the D11) works excellent, and the only issue
I had was trying to figure out how to use the USB port on the box
(it's actually serial, but accepts a USB shaped plug)

~Jon