[mythtv-users] mysql error

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Mon Jan 8 03:12:08 UTC 2007

Well, I had some permission problems too, not exactly what you are seeing
but permission problems.

There is a BUG in the 'Installing and using MythTV' instructions.
On page 29, where they talk about Modifying access permissions to the MythTV
MySQL database, the three examples shown there are WRONG.

You MUST use single quotes not the DOUBLE quotes shown in the examples.
Once I did this, things worked as expected.

How can we get this info back to the fellow that maintains this writeup so that
these examples can be fixed?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com