[mythtv-users] Am I on the right list?

Damian Surr damian at gingermagic.com
Sat Jan 6 23:00:31 UTC 2007

Hello all,

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm looking for a good place for a complete
newbie to find out how best to go about setting up a MythTV box in the UK.
How much of a newbie? I'm writing this from windows :-)

I have some experience of a couple of Linux, mainly Ubuntu, but am not
able to make the switch as my work requires me to use a Windows only app
90% of the time.

Anyway, enough rambling.
I just have a few questions to start with about what hardware I should
be buying for transforming an old'ish machine into a Freeview type
wonder box in the UK. But I'll make sure I'm in the right place first. I
don't know if this is mainly an American board.

If I'm in the wrong place, could someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

Damian