[mythtv-users] Pvr-350 problem, coming to you as last resort, sort of.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 22:55:26 UTC 2007

On 05/01/07, Eric Bell <ebell at polymorf.com> wrote:

>  I would appreciate if you with more experience can help me, after 3 weeks
> of reinstalls, study and practice the same basic problem occurs over and
> over - upon 'modprobe ivtv' the "Invalid EEPROM" message appears and no
> device e.g. /dev/video0 appears so I am going nowhere. I am posting this as
> a last resort since I am missing something. It has occurred to me my
> card/machine is facocked but perhaps it is newbie operator error. BTW, the
> machine is a brand spanking new barebones - Sempron 1.8GHz cpu, 512GB ram,
> 250GB PATA drive.
>
> I have tried the latest
>   KnoppMyth,
>   FC5 and MythTv,
>   FC6 and MythTV,
>   and last night, MythDora

Do you have access to a Windows machine you can test the card in? I'd
try and make sure the card itself works OK. I wouldn't expect a
PVR-350 card to cause so many problems.

The two issues that could be causing you problems that I can think of
are i) incorrectly installed firmware (it seems to be loading OK from
the log output though) and using a bad/incorrect tveeprom module. This
is detailed on the ivtvdriver.org site
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto.

Nick

--