[mythtv-users] Graphics cards with Component video - anyone using?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Sat Jan 6 01:35:15 UTC 2007

On 5 Jan 2007, at 22:31, Julian Edwards wrote:

> Stroller wrote:
>> How are you specifying 576p?
>
> Oddly enough, "HD576p" :)

>> Is it possible that:
>>    Option    "TVStandard" "PAL-BDGHI"
>>    Option    "TVStandard" "PAL-N"
>> or
>>    Option    "TVStandard" "PAL-NC"
>> would work?
>
> No, because the mode needs to be one of the HDxxx ones as this forces
> the TV-out chip to use the component rather than the svideo
> connection.
> The component out uses a different colour space.

Thanks. That's very useful to know, as I am very tempted by a nVidia-
based card with component-out.

> I am guessing that the internal modeline for HD576p is incorrect in
> the
> driver.

:(
I'm assuming that you're using the nVidia binary drivers; in this
case I guess the bug may be expected to affect all cards with a
nVidia-based chipset & a component-out. :(

On 3 Jan 2007, at 22:32, Julian Edwards wrote:
> Tom Lichti wrote:
>> Are you sure it supports 576p? My SDTV supports 480i, but not 480p
> Yes. It's a Panasonic TX36PD30 which claims to do PAL progressive.

Is it possible your telly accepts PAL progressive only through RGB
SCART? And not through component?
I don't know if this is fair conjecture or not - someone slap me if
RGB SCART is by definition limited to interlaced input.

Stroller.