[mythtv-users] Asus M2NPV-VM ?

Rick St. Pierre rick at rspacoustics.com
Sat Jan 6 00:23:51 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, Mark A. O'Neil <mark.a.oneil at dartmouth.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> So having sorted out my IVTV issues last month I am thinking it may
> be time to replace my 733 Dell BE.
> Has anyone built a successful system around an Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD
> Athlon 64 3500+, and PVR500? I am thinking those bits a few SATAII
> drives stuffed into a Silverstone box and SUSE10 or Ubuntu to serve
> as a combo BE/FE to my basement TV/HT and upstairs xbox FE.
> Is the built-in HD video decent? This seems like a cost efficient
> board if it can handle the video out well enough.

I have been using this board for just over a month without problems.
Although I am using the DVI output and not the HDTV output so I can't
comment on that.  There were some problems with the alsa drivers for
this board, but the more recent kernels (I'm running Gentoo 2.6.18)
should be fine.

Rick St.Pierre
rick at rspacoustics.com