[mythtv-users] Asus M2NPV-VM ?

Rick St. Pierre rick at rspacoustics.com
Sat Jan 6 00:23:51 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, Mark A. O'Neil <mark.a.oneil at dartmouth.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So having sorted out my IVTV issues last month I am thinking it may
> be time to replace my 733 Dell BE.
>
> Has anyone built a successful system around an Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD
> Athlon 64 3500+, and PVR500? I am thinking those bits a few SATAII
> drives stuffed into a Silverstone box and SUSE10 or Ubuntu to serve
> as a combo BE/FE to my basement TV/HT and upstairs xbox FE.
>
> Is the built-in HD video decent? This seems like a cost efficient
> board if it can handle the video out well enough.

I have been using this board for just over a month without problems.
Although I am using the DVI output and not the HDTV output so I can't
comment on that.  There were some problems with the alsa drivers for
this board, but the more recent kernels (I'm running Gentoo 2.6.18)
should be fine.

Rick.

--
Rick St.Pierre