[mythtv-users] Windows and qt4

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 00:08:24 UTC 2007

On 1/5/07, James Orr <james at orrwhat.net> wrote:
>  I see that qt4 is GPL, even under windows.  Does this mean that if/when
> mythtv starts to use qt4 instead of qt3 a windows frontend may follow soon?
> Maybe even a backend, but I don't care so much about that :).

Well, unfortunately I believe that the license of QT under Windows is
not the biggest problem with running mythfrontend under Windows.

At one time, it kinda-sorta-worked, so it's not impossible, and there
has been some quiet and promising work in the background on this that
I just noticed that is listed in trac ticket 1590

See http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1590

Coincidentally, I just today ran across a free webinar about porting
qt3 to qt4 coming up on January 9th at
http://www.qtcentre.org/component/option,com_qtcentrefrontpage/task,view/id,54/

-Ross