[mythtv-users] Asus M2NPV-VM ?

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 15:41:03 UTC 2007

>Has anyone built a successful system around an Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD
>Athlon 64 3500+, and PVR500? I am thinking those bits a few SATAII
>drives stuffed into a Silverstone box and SUSE10 or Ubuntu to serve
>as a combo BE/FE to my basement TV/HT and upstairs xbox FE.
>
>Is the built-in HD video decent? This seems like a cost efficient
>board if it can handle the video out well enough.

Take a look at my earlier posting

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/243125#243125

I've listed what I had to do to make it work.

It works generally OK, but I have some sound sync issues that are unresolved.

I turned off the OpenGL Vblank in nvidia-settings and it is slightly better but
loses sound sync occasionally still.

Mark