[mythtv-users] Can't see menu's with mythtv .20

Tweaker mythtv-users at timdowns.com
Fri Jan 5 14:11:02 UTC 2007

I encountered this same issue when running mythtv-setup over VNC on an
already successfully configured system, and have found a solution.

The problem occurred I had changed the "Theme Painter" from qt to OpenGL
(for my geforce 6200) in mythfrontend. This option is on the same settings
page you choose the themes.

By reverting this change, I was able to run mythtv-setup over vnc.

I'm going to put in a feature request for the mythtv-setup to also support
the -"O ThemePainter=qt" parameters.