[mythtv-users] via epia build advice

Peter Andersson pandersson61 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 11:07:33 UTC 2007

I am currently running an epia M1000 system with mythtv and i'm not sure i'd
recommend it to anyone. Even though the box might look cool it feels a bit
too slow for mythtv. Sometimes when changing from the main menu to music or
videos it takes 5-6 seconds, and scrolling through the program guide can
take up to 1 second "per button click". I know this doesn't sound like much
but if you want to scroll down to channel 100 and it takes you 40 seconds
it's really annoying. Have you considered the mini-itx boards with pentium-m
processors? Processor speed can be interesting when transcoding or using
mytharchive, or as it turns out just browsing through mythtv.
The xvmc works great though so watching tv and dvds works flawlessly.

My configuration is a:
Epia M1000 1000mhz C3 processor
512mb ram
cle 266 graphics