[mythtv-users] Status of OTA ATSC Channels in SF area

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 02:18:22 UTC 2007

On 1/4/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
> Brad Fuller wrote:
> > Following a recent thread ("HD Tuner Cards"), I thought I'd record, for
> > reference for others, the status of my ATSC OTA channels in my area
> > (South SF Bay, next to Santa Cruz mtns by Hwy17:
> >
> >   2-1 KTVUDT  - fine
> >   2-2 KTVUDT2 - fine
> >   4-1 KRONDT  - fine

That is really odd that you are getting 2-2 KTVUDT2.

I live in Berkeley, and with both my pcHDTV-3K and my HDHomeRun I am
able to get 2-1 (comes in flawlessly though), but 2-2 seems to have
been dropped (as far as I can tell with output from dvbsnoop).  I used
to get it until some time in december when my farscape, stargate sg1
and atlantis recordings started failing on me. Since those are being
pillar boxed on 2-1 in 720p I had them recorded on 2-2 since it was
sent as 704x480.

Are there any other lurkers with similar experience? I fired off an
email to the station, but have only gotten silence.

Thanks,
Eric