[mythtv-users] HDHR QAM: Streams ok to VLC but not Mythtv

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jan 5 00:15:29 UTC 2007

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-03 at 22:35 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
>
>> If this is cable, I think you shoujld complain to your supplier as
>> something weird is going on.
>
> Unfortunately, unless you are a lawyer or can quote statutes and
> regulations chapter and verse (and there is a regulation or statute that
> requires them to provide this data), or unless you know that a satellite
> company would be better so you actually have a choice of providers, this
> is useless advice. It's like spitting in the wind. In your best Lily
> Tomlin voice: "We're the cable company. We don't care. We don't have
> to" :-)
>
> --Greg

<rant>
Well Greg, I think that that is a mingy attitude. It's so pessimistic
that I expect to shortly hear that you have entered a monastery and
abjured all electronic gizmos.

Get real. It might take a little work, but the cable co will actually
worry if a customer has a problem.
Especially if the President gets mail addressed to him at home because
the customer cannot get any satisfaction.
Even more special, if the letter is hand delivered to the President's
home...If I were really really pissed at customer service from Rogers
Cable, I know where Ted Rogers lives...and I think I could guarantee
that he would raise hell down the ranks if some 'we don't care. we don't
have to' service rep were named and shamed.

</rant>

And speaking of pessimists, etc.

A pessimist thinks that the glass is half empty.

An optimist thinks that the glass is half full.

.
.
.
.
.

And engineer thinks that the glass was over-specified and over-built.

Geoff